[Asterisk-Users] Re: Absolute Minimum Installation Packages

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 07:44:16 MST 2003

Apologies for breaking the thread - the link to my mail server is down,
so am replying from the Pipermail web archives.

I'm using a cut-down Debian-based distro called 'pebble' for my firewall
machine using a 128MB CompactFlash card (it would just about fit on
64...)

The various system files have been wiggled around a bit so that the
rootfs can be mounted read-only, thus reducing wear and tear on the CF
card.

The distro is intended to run Wireless access points, and you'll need to
weed out the svchost processes and the wireless "NoCat" stuff in
inittab, but it's nice, and keeps the apt system so you can install new
packages as/if needed...

http://www.nycwireless.net/pebble/

Cheers,
Gavin.