[Asterisk-Users] One more QoS question for RH9

Kerker Staffan staffan.kerker at aerotechtelub.se
Fri Oct 31 04:58:03 MST 2003

Hi
I know this is a bit off topic, but still pretty interesting.
I'm running Asterisk on my Linux router/NAT/FW connected via
cable (1mbit/200kbit) to the internet.

Now, I wanna do local QoS implementation. Just very simple to
give RTP (UDP) highest priority on my outbound interface. So,
whenever I got an ongoing call, the RTP traffic should be handled
first and other data (file transfers that may be ongoing) should
back off. I've done this very simple with Cisco IOS routers by
just using the priority queueing... but how do I do this (the easiest way)
on a RH9 machine? Don't need any classes more than 1. priority RTP 2. all other data.

rgds,
/staffan kerker