[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail Configuration

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 31 04:11:09 MST 2003

Béasse Christophe wrote:

> I have some troubles with voicemail sending message to my email address.
> Do I have to configure  sendmail  to use Voicemail ?
I found that the use of sendmail was hardcoded into voicemail. Therefore,

I've submitted a patch to voicemail2 that let's you configure mail command
in voicemail.conf with
   mailcmd=<your mailer command with options>

This way, you are able to use simple mail clients that forward the mail to
a mail server instead of installing a full mail server on your system.
Good for those ITX - Compact Flash projects out there...

We'll see if this patch passes testing and will be included in a coming
release.

/O