[Asterisk-Users] Newbie hardware question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Oct 30 23:01:02 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 23:27, Ray Burkholder wrote:
> The TA-750's are a bit big.  The CarrierAccess Bank I is a 1 U unit, which I
> understand works nicely with Asterisk.  Probably about $750 refurbished.

The TA chassis is 2u, but less than half rack width. The Adit 600s are
also built that way. Difference being that the ADIT 600 chassis can run
2 T1 interfaces to analog one chassis, and therefore convert 4 T1
interfaces in 2U. The AB1 you speak of above can only do 1 T1 interface
per rack unit. So what again is big?