[Asterisk-Users] X100P Driver loaded, but no IO on /dev/zap/1

Jason Sharpee jason-keyword-digium.390929 at sharpee.com
Thu Oct 30 19:44:07 MST 2003

Asterisk doesnt answer the ringing phone, so according to some doc that I
read I should try and see if I get I/O on /dev/zap/1.  I dont see any from
cat /dev/zap/1 while it is ringing or otherwise.  Dmesg seems to have
a few odd things (out of space), not sure how relevant.  Does anyone have
any ideas?

Here is my info:

<built zaptel / asterisk CVS from 2 days ago>

[root at homestar etc]# uname -a
Linux homestar 2.4.18-6mdk #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 i586 unknown

[root at homestar etc]# cat /proc/pci
  Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Model 300 128k (rev
0).
      IRQ 11.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=1.Max Lat=128.
      I/O at 0xd000 [0xd0ff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe8900000 [0xe8900fff].

dmesg:
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:09.0
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
PCI Target abort
wcfxo: Out of space to write register 05 with 0a

zaptel.conf:
[root at homestar etc]# cat zaptel.conf
fxsks=1
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

Ran ztcfg

cat /dev/zap/1 does not show anything (node is there though)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-J