[Asterisk-Users] RE: Groups in *

Lars Fredriksson lars at fredriksson.net
Thu Oct 30 14:17:18 MST 2003

> Why not just use appqueue?

Is that the integrated quesolution that I config in queue.conf?

But as I've understood it might be a little tricky to get the users the
possibility to log in/out of groups in an easy way (each extension will
maybe be the member of up to four groups, and it must be possible to log
in/out of each group ...)

Then I need the possibility to reroute the call to another group when either
all memebers of the group are busy, or when "free" members in the group
don't answer the call for xxx seconds?

Is that possible with appqueue?

Okay, the solution isn't maybe the best, but it's what the customer wants

Regards, Lars Fredriksson

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the tip!
>
> Okay, looked a little around AGI and it didn't look to hard doing a script
> that read which phones that should answer which group from an external
> textfile, and such file would be quite easy to modify with a CGI-script.
And
> I tried it with a static extensions.conf like below and it seems to work,
> great!
>
> Is there any other considerations or tips about using a solution like
this?

> --<SNIP from extensions.conf>--
>
> exten => s,1,Answer                       ; Answer
>
> exten => s,2,Dial(Sip/7101&Sip/7102,20,m) ; Dial 20 seconds, if busy
> exten => s,103,Goto(s,3)                  ; go direct to next group
>
> exten => s,3,Dial(Sip/7103&Sip/7104,20,m) ; Dial 20 seconds, if busy
> exten => s,104,Goto(s,4)                  ; go direct to next group
>
> exten => s,4,Dial(Sip/7105&Sip/7106,20,m) ; Dial 20 seconds
>

> exten => s,5,Goto(s,2)                    ; Still no answer, goto
>                                           ; first group
>
> --<SNAP>--
>
> Regards, Lars
>
> -----
>

> Lars:
>
> Anything you want is possible to do with Asterisk... the matter is how
much
> time you want to spend to build that applications... I think that is
posible
> to do that with AGI scripts...
>
> Regards,
>
> Gus