[Asterisk-Users] Newbie hardware question

Just ME hoffmanj at harriseckland.com
Thu Oct 30 10:00:11 MST 2003

Hi,
I have scanned through the archives of this list and found a number of
question about hardware, but I just can not find the answer to my question.
I am new to phone systems, I got "drafted" to come up with a new phone
system for our company (I guess they figure since I know computers I know
phone systems as well :O).
We have 5 analog (I guess they are called PSTN lines) lines coming in and 16
clients (telephones) in our office.  I am not worried about the minimum
computer requirements because I have a couple of spare P4 based servers with
512 megs of memory, but I need to know what cards should I be looking at
using because I will run out of PCI slots if I use 4 TDM400P cards (for the
clients) and 5 of the X100p (for the lines).
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jon Hoffman