[Asterisk-Users] Polycom SoundPoint IP 500

Ed Rubright ed at rubright.net
Thu Oct 30 08:28:33 MST 2003

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply, it helps alot.  I saw your post on 10/20/03 to
this list on the review of the Polycom IP 600 review.  That was
extremely helpful...thanks!

Questions:

1) Did you get the call parking issue figured out?  From what I could
tell from the post it works by pressing #700 (assuming thats your
parking extension), but not by pressing the transfer button on the
phone?

2) Is there any other feature of the phone that doesn't work for you?

3) You mention in your post that you got the phone for $265 (assuming US
$).  Is it possible to tell me where?  The best I've seen so far is
$395.

4) Does the phone work out of the box, or did it require you to flash
the phones firmware to get it to work with Asterisk?

I like the looks of the Polycom phone and am considering either this a
Cisco 7960 or Snom 200 for my SOHO desk set.

Thanks,
Ed