[Asterisk-Users] call waiting beep

Paul Liew pliew at atp.org.au
Wed Oct 29 15:01:54 MST 2003

> Sean Rodger wrote:
>
> >Is there anyway to turn off the call waiting beep in the grandstream
and/or
> >cisco ata186?
> >
> >I have a dial statement in my extensions.conf that rings 5 phones at the
> >same time by combining them with the & in the dial statement.
> >i.e.) exten =>
> >blah,blah,Dial(SIP/GS1&SIP/GS2&SIP/GS3&SIP/ata186a&SIP/ata186b,25,t)
> >
> >If one of those lines is being used, then the user gets a really loud
call
> >waiting beep, and on the ata186, also an inband callerid noise (perhaps
> >changeable on the ata186).
> >
> >thanks for any info.
> >
> >Sean Rodger
> >

> The loud call waiting noise from the GS is supposed to be resolved in
> the next firmware release.. Hopefully it will be out soon..
>
> Later..

Until GS comes out with their release, you can try the patch I put up on

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000408

There is a problem with that Michael pointed out to me, re holding and using
ChanIsAvail which I'm looking into right now, but it works for normal
incoming/outgoing calls via Dial as per your scenario. Check it out and let
me know how you go.

Paul