[Asterisk-Users] Already on the phone?

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Wed Oct 29 12:17:12 MST 2003

Paul,

Thanks. Unfortunately your patch doesn't work reliably.
I specified incominiglimit=1 and placed a call to extension 12125551111.
Now I have:
pbx1*CLI> sip show inuse
Username        incoming        Limit           outgoing        Limit
12125550011     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125559999     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125552222     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125550029     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125550012     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125551111     1               1               0               N/A
12125550028     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125550014     0               N/A             0               N/A

I put it on hold and placed a few other calls. Then I see:
pbx1*CLI> sip show inuse
Username        incoming        Limit           outgoing        Limit
12125550011     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125559999     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125552222     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125550029     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125550012     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125551111     0               1               0               N/A
12125550028     0               N/A             0               N/A
12125550014     0               N/A             0               N/A

So it looses status of existing call somehow. Now callwaiting is
there again. It seems that the status is lost after calling chanisavail
application, although I'm not sure about that.
Also if I can make a suggestion it would be great not to have
incominglimit set statically per client, but have an application
to change it from dialplan (have no idea how hard it is to implement).
If there are other ways to check if the line is already in use or
turn on/off callwaiting on SIP clients, that would also be very
nice and desirable feature.
Thanks.

Michael