[Asterisk-Users] Call pickup and SIP phones

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Wed Oct 29 11:50:27 MST 2003

Hi List,

I have two Cisco ATA, one of them with two phones attached, and the
other with just one phone. The ATA with two phones is behind a NAT, and
Asterisk and the other ATA have public IP addresses. I can place and
receive and blind transfer calls between them all. (Sometimes I loose
registration from the ATA behind the NAT, but I think I have to upgrade
to the latest firmware in the ATA)

Now I'm trying to setup call pickup. I added the lines:

pickupgroup=1
callgroup=1

to every entry in sip.conf, but when I try to pickup a call dialing *8
or *8# from the idle phone , nothing happens. I'm using CVS version
CVS-10/10/03-19:24:38. In the console nothing shows up either. Do I have
to upgrade to a more recent CVS version? Do I need to enter more
parameters or configurations in other places?

Does anyone have call pickup between sip phones working? If so, which
version are you using? Thanks!!

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>
House Internet S.R.L.