[Asterisk-Users] SIP behind NAT, workaround to make W Snel's very welcome fix work both for inside *and* outside clients

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 10:13:31 MST 2003

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-October/024968.html

> Any idea when these "hacks" will appear in CVS?

We should all hope "never".  That's why you call it a "hack"
because it works for only one very specific case and would break
SIP under Astrisk for most people.  It even breaks calls
between Asterisk and local SIP phones.

Now the trick is to write some code that desides if the trick is
to be used or not for each call by comparing the IP address of
Asterisk and the called SIP phone.

You migh want to experiment with it and report results.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550