[Asterisk-Users] Software FAX

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Oct 29 08:47:30 MST 2003

I am taking note of people's messages about soft fax, even if I might
appear to be ignoring them. I am getting V.27ter finished off right now,
to flesh out the facilities in the software. V.27ter is used for 4800bps
and 2400bps faxes - not critically important, but useless for lousy
lines. That's seems to be nearly functional now, so I should soon be
back to fixing things.

Most of the crashes seem to be where people have an older version of
libtiff. In each case I've followed up on they have a nice new libtiff,
but still had an old version too. Older versions seem to cause trouble.
I don't intend to find out why, since newer versions are OK.

An 8 byte TIFF file means it has been opened, and a header written. The
basic TIFF header is always 8 bytes.

Regards,
Steve