[Asterisk-Users] 16xE1 solution based on *

Asterisk online forums asterisk at stealthtele.com
Wed Oct 29 08:07:34 MST 2003

We are looking to utilise Digiums QuadxE1 cards for one of our European customer, he is looking for
16xE1. Carrier has no VOIP support currently, so we need to organize by ourslef VOIP-TDM interface, to get them connected to our network.  Idea is to try Digium/Asterisk solution.

It will be some kind of VOIP gateway application, call from PSTN will come to Asterisk via Quad E1 and will be forwarded to our centralized Nextone switch  to handle digits manipulation , routing and termination.
I am curious how big server should be to handle 4 QuadxE1 of traffic. Definately it is not good idea to put all cards into one box and to have one point of failure. So I was thinking about 2 QuadE1 cards in each box.
Does anyone has experience with real time traffic on such volumes ?  What is your experience? What kind of hardware do you run ?

Also how long usually takes to receive Quad port card from Digium, do they have usualy csuch cards in stock ?

Regards,
Alexander

Unofficial Asterisk Forums
Registration is : http://asterisk.xvoip.com/profile.php?mode=register