[Asterisk-Users] Grandstreams can't call out with latest CVS

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Oct 28 22:12:00 MST 2003

>Grandstreams phones can't call out with the latest CVS, anyone know what the
>last good CVS date was?

You may be experiencing difficulty due to bad codec permissions,
since the "latest" CVS updated version (earlier today) does seem to
work for me.  Make sure you have correct allow/disallow permissions.
Experiment with per-peer and then [general] configs for both.

Some relevant settings from sip.conf (note: these are not "optimal"
and should not be considered valid for all users.  They simply work
at this 5-minute snapshot of time for me.  I change these settings on
an almost hourly basis):

[general]
disallow=all
allow=ulaw