[Asterisk-Users] Dialing long-distance locally

Paul Lambert paul at digis.net
Tue Oct 28 21:18:53 MST 2003

I have a T1 with 6 digital trunks configured as E&M wink. ELI is
providing my dial tone. When I call a long-distance number without 1 +
area code it just rings and rings. I would expect to get a message that
says "you need to dial a one..." I talked with an ELI tech and he says
that it is my PBX (*) that is not patching the message through. He
monitors the call and hears the announcement about dialing a one. He
mentioned something about "answer supervision" and that my PBX (*) might
be expecting it and their switch isn't sending it because it is an
announcement and not a completed call. This was his best guess at to
what was happening. How is this normally handled by Asterisk?
--
Any help is much appreciated
Paul Lambert