[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Upcoming Major CVS Changes

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Tue Oct 28 07:36:33 MST 2003

Asterisk
> 0.5.0 by just
> doing "cvs checkout -r v0-5-0 asterisk" once the CVS respoitory has
been
> modified.
>
> Going forward we also expect to have properly tagged and branched
> releases,
> with real
> bug-fix branches -- what many people would consider "STABLE" branches.
> Look
> for a bit
> more formalized release process in this regard.

And much rejoicing was heard round the world!

Mark, Thorsten, et al., THANK YOU very much for this effort. Having a
STABLE branch and the ability to back port fixes (security anyone) to
differing branches will be great. Looking forward to that and the
release process.

Again, thanks to all involved in making this happen!

--- Gavin