[Asterisk-Users] Upcoming Major CVS Changes

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Tue Oct 28 06:32:37 MST 2003

Just as a heads up, soon, I will be merging Thorston Lockhart's new tagged
CVS archive over to Digium.  This will mean you have to do a *clean* check
out of asterisk, zaptel, libpri, etc.

For those of you with *localized changes*, please be sure to do:

# cvs diff -u > ../my-asterisk-changes.diff

in the asterisk source directory and keep the resulting file to merge in
later on this week with the new Asterisk cvs.  We plan to perform the
switch Wendsday night or Thursday morning.

Again, you only need to do the diff if you're concerned about any changes
that you've made locally.

To apply the patch once you've checked out the new CVS:

# patch -p0 < ../my-asterisk-changes.diff

As for *why* we're doing this change, and what advantages there
will be and how to use them, Thornston will send that information in a
separate e-mail.

Mark