[Asterisk-Users] Music Onhold Configuration

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 28 05:42:45 MST 2003

Music-on-hold and X-Lite:

Ok, finally I understand what is going on! :-) My "chopppy music-on-hold"
problem with my three * boxes was caused by the "silence" setup in X-
Lite:

Menu --> Advanced Settings --> Audio Settings --> Silence Settings

With "Transmit Silence = Yes" everything is fine, however with "No"
you'll need to constantly babble into your headset mic to be able to hear
the MOH sound. Trouble is that "No" is the default setting that
X-Lite comes with, so I am quite sure I am not the only one out here that
was haunted by this issue.

Now I can't wait to see Tilghman's streaming MOH make it into CVS!

Greetings, Philipp

MusicOnHold stops when no RTP is going from remote party

OpenPhone (from www.openh323.org) and IAXComm have silence detection
feature when they just eliminates transmitting RTP packets to Asterisk.
When you (must) listen music-on-hold and have silence detection enabled
MOH will be stopped when RTP transmission stops due to silence.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000379