[Asterisk-Users] PRI & Asterisk Redundancy/Fail-Over

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Oct 27 19:21:28 MST 2003

At 09:21 PM 10/27/2003, you wrote:
>Do you think they would cost much to make them? I'd be keen to get them
>for E1s.

well to make them would certainly cost more than $10 - you can't even buy
the box for that price.

You'd be looking at only a crystal or oscillator change to swap from t1 to e1

basically you have a microprocessor that runs the show, 3x t1 line
interface chips, that can spit out serial, and pins for alarm conditions,
or registers the cpu reads, and the physical interface stuff, and some
switching logic that decides when to switch sources.

I am guessing these things probably cost > $1000 new, and I doubt any
custom design could approach that in small quantities.

I was actually considering just a relay in the circuit and have some other
software detect a dead router/csu/dsu, and then I stumbled onto the deal of
the century there. I could not have even bought the relay for that price.