[Asterisk-Users] SS7 signaling/Softswitch

Brad Waite brad at wcubed.net
Mon Oct 27 16:00:16 MST 2003

Ray,

You are correct in regards to what SS7 is and does, although you can lose the
"meta meta" in your description.

What I was inquiring about was Gus' comment about a PRI treated as "route" on a 5E.

I'm also trying to find out what types of SS7/AIN features may be available over
a PRI D channel.  For instance, message waiting indication (MWI) signals are
sent interoffice over SS7.  Could one formulate a packet that's sent over a PRI
D channel that would end up in a remote switch via SS7?

Brad