[Asterisk-Users] Groups in *

Lars Fredriksson lars at fredriksson.net
Mon Oct 27 12:52:09 MST 2003

Hi list!

I have a little question about groups and Asterisk ... is there anyone out there that can say if Asterisk can do any of this;

We have a customer that want call handling we cant give him with a traditional PBX, and I'm running Asterisk @home so I thought I could give it a try ...

The customer wants that incoming call should go to one group with some phones in it, if the group is busy tha call should stay there for xxx seconds before it goes to another group. But if there are phones free in the group they should ring for xxx seconds before the call goes to another group. And like this it would go on with lots of groups ;-)

He also wants queue messages in all groups and the possibility for the phones to log in and out of the different groups (in the morning one phone should be member of three groups, and after lunch log out of those groups and log on to another group ...)
I think some kind of web-frontend would be quite kewl, so each employee could log on to a webpage and mark which groups he will answer on (I don't know how * keeps track of such things?)

We have tried with PBX's like Panasonic TDA, Ericsson BusinessPhone, Avaya INDeX, Avaya IPOffice and Siemens and none of those can do this ...

Thanks for any answer!

Best regards Lars Fredriksson, Sweden