[Asterisk-Users] Anyone got VM2 working with MySQL?

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Mon Oct 27 11:03:25 MST 2003

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>On Monday 27 October 2003 07:11, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
>

>>>MySQL CDR logging is installed and working..
>>>

>>Can you connect via localhost & socket for CDR? That didn't work
>>for me (on two machines), I need to use hostname & port.
>>

>In all likelihood, you have an authentication problem.  Note that
>specifying '%' (or a name) for the hostname portion in your GRANT
>does NOT match 'localhost'.  By far this is the most common
>misperception, which leads people to believe that it doesn't work.  If
>you want to use a local connection (i.e. socket file, skipping TCP),
>the hostname portion of your GRANT *must* be 'localhost'.

I am sure my setup did not have permissions issues..

>>In voicemail.conf, however, there is no paramter to specify a port
>>(or socket), at least not from what I read here on the list.
>>

>That is correct; it was never added.  Given the licensing problem with
>MySQL, it is not likely to be added.

The error in the log says that it is not able to sort out the username
in the first place, but as you say there is the licencing issues now so
it looks like the feature will probably never be fixed and will
eventually be removed.. This is unfortunate because we have a number of
MySQL servers but no PGSQL servers.. Look like if I want a DB driven
system I am going to have to use PGSQL for VM and MySQL for everything
else.. What a PITA!!

>>How is this supposed to work anyway - with another #include file,
>>or does Asterisk internally merge mySQL voice mailbox settings and
>>voicemail.conf? When I dial my test setup defined in mySQL then *
>>complains that there is no such entry... :-(
>>

>Asterisk would use the settings in the MySQL database instead of, not
>in addition to, the voicemail boxes in voicemail.conf.

Or none at all seeing as no one can get it to work.. :)

Later..