[Asterisk-Users] SIP & IAX behind NAT

Alejandro Ruiz aruiz at sputnik-ar.com.ar
Mon Oct 27 09:04:21 MST 2003

I am trying to achieve the same thing.
I have bothe asterisk and X-lite behind NAT.

sip uses port 5060
X-lite can be configured to use an rtp port, and you can specify your
external address...
y configured my nat to foward 5060 to my *
ports 8000 and 8001 too.
I also tried with the sip with no nat. and my result where the same...
I have 5 seconds of audio... so I guess there is another extra port involved
in the operation, one which signals the communication status.
does someone knows anything about this? is my guessing correct?
thanks,
alito