[Asterisk-Users] Useful patch in the bugtracker: streaming MOH

Roderick Montgomery rod at thecomplex.com
Mon Oct 27 07:16:32 MST 2003

Streaming MOH is a great improvement; has anyone considered a streaming
media channel? I'm specifically thinking of the auctions (Dovebid) and the
investor conference calls that are simultaneously streamed via RealAudio or
Shoutcast. There are plenty of MP3 streaming servers to use, and Real's
Helix DNA project <URL:http://www.helixcommunity.org/> could theoretically
be integrated.

I suppose either would be possible if a separate streaming server took the
audio output of chan_oss, but I thought I'd wonder aloud about a
hypothetical chan_mp3stream or chan_helix. I've seen a couple real.com
addresses lately on the list; any asterisk integration happening, guys?

rm