[Asterisk-Users] SIP & IAX behind NAT

Peter Zeltins peter at fintrading.com
Mon Oct 27 02:00:08 MST 2003

I'm trying to set up * server behind NAT. The box is set up as DMZ in my DSL router, i.e. all incoming connections without explicit port mapping are forwarded to *. So far I'm unable to get this setup to work for either IAX or SIP (tried IAXComm & XLite softphones on public IP address). Data seems to come in fine (IAX/SIP debug shows message interaction taking place), but there is no audio.

Am I missing something in */router setup or such thing cannot be done? I suspect that I need to override local IP address being sent out in SIP/IAX packets, but I see no such option in either iax.conf or sip.conf

TIA,
Peter