[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

duncan duncan at impede.net
Sun Oct 26 17:15:21 MST 2003

>Is 'top' suggesting that * is actually consuming 98%?
>
>If it is, take a look at the * logs for signs of what it might be. We've
>seen this happen on a lab RH9 system, but its usually while we been doing
>other unusual things. (In our case, two extra instances of mpg consuming
>the ~98%; copying *.conf files to a second system that didn't actually
>have any x100p cards in it, etc.)
>
>FWIW, I'm running yesterday's cvs on two RH9 systems just fine.

i had a problem with asterisk consuming all the resources available on
redhat 9.  it would occur roughly every 24 hours or so - and would cause
all sorts of problems.  when a new channel opened up it fought for
resources for a few seconds - so no speech could be heard, then when it
could grab enough resources to process the channel it would... but the
quality would be terrible.

it can be solved with this:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

so now thats in my asterisk init script before actually starting
asterisk.  since doing this i havent had a problem (3 weeks ago).

duncna