[Asterisk-Users] Extensions Problem

Phillip Jackson pjackson at jacksongrp.com
Sun Oct 26 16:35:02 MST 2003

Hello again,

Here's the next big issue, I thought I'd let you munch on.  We are utilizing
Cisco 7960's and the following entries in our extensions.conf file:

Exten => 1637,1,Dial(SIP/100)
Exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@sipdemo)
Exten => _NXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@sipdemo)
Exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion

These extensions allow us to utilize our SIP provider - ONLY when being dialed
from a regular telephone attached to a Cisco ATA-186.  Our Cisco 7960 only
allows us to dial 4 charachters before it tries dialing.  So, I assume we need
to implement 9, and the number.  However, when I do this, the 9 gets passed on
to our SIP provider, which tries to dial 9NXXXXXXXXXX, and all goes to hell.

Question - is there a way to allow 9 in the dialing plan, without having it be
passed to the sip provider.

Regards,
Phillip

--