[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 16:20:16 MST 2003

--- "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> My Asterisk (fresh CVS) takes 98% of the system load on my FreeBSD
> server. On a slower CPU
> linux system, Asterisk runs at 0.1% - both without any active
> channels...
>
> Any ideas, anyone recognizing the problem?

You mean both are in the idle state, no active calls?  That
should be a big clue.  My guess is that the difference you see
is due to different implementations of pthreads.

Have you tried running a debugger?  Most of us don't have
BSD systems and can't help.  But if it were me a debugger would be
my first step.  IMO gdb is a pain to use.  I like "ddd".  See here:

      www.gnu.org/software/ddd/

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com