[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on FreeBSD

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Oct 26 13:11:31 MST 2003

> My Asterisk (fresh CVS) takes 98% of the system load on my FreeBSD server.
> On a slower CPU linux system, Asterisk runs at 0.1% - both without any
> active channels...
>
> Any ideas, anyone recognizing the problem?

Is 'top' suggesting that * is actually consuming 98%?

If it is, take a look at the * logs for signs of what it might be. We've
seen this happen on a lab RH9 system, but its usually while we been doing
other unusual things. (In our case, two extra instances of mpg consuming
the ~98%; copying *.conf files to a second system that didn't actually
have any x100p cards in it, etc.)

FWIW, I'm running yesterday's cvs on two RH9 systems just fine.