[Asterisk-Users] NuFone International Calls

Michael T Farnworth mtf at maximasystems.com
Sun Oct 26 10:13:49 MST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 wasim at convergence.com.pk wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Michael T Farnworth wrote:
>
> > Do you know why there are two different possible contexts?
> >
> > Of course it would seem a little strange to put somebody outside the US
> > into the NANPA context rather than the WORLD one ...
>
> its not where you ARE, its where you're calling... NANPA gives you access
> to the contigous-US-48, whilst the WORLD pretty much leaves you at your
> own peril... (ofcourse, none of this is official NuFone, best let jerjer
> advise you accordingly)

I really meant it is a little strange to put somebody who lives outside
the US in a context which means they can only call US numbers, because
they will almost certainly need to make calls to non-US numbers.

I do want to make some US calls, but I did also request, and receive, a
copy of the rates for all countries.  If nothing else that was a very
strong indicator that international calls were on my mind.

Even the NANPA context leaves me at my own peril, but I guess it would
take somebody longer to use up my money.  Of course I would be able to
watch out for this if the Subscriber Management System link didn't give me
the message 'nothing to see here'.  I don't suppose you know where account
details are obtained from?

By the way, what is jerjer, some sort of play on the name Jeremy McNamara,
or his email address jj?

Thanks,
Mtf

--