[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail.conf in MySQL is not functioning

John Haigh johntel at haighis.com
Sun Oct 26 06:57:43 MST 2003

Hi,

Here is the error from Asterisk messages log file that I forgot to put in.

Voicemail.conf in MySQL is not functioning where I get the following error
from Asterisk messages log file:

Oct 25 10:55:11 WARNING[19474]: File app_voicemail2.c, Line 2388
(vm_execmain): Couldn't read username

CLI debug output is as follows:

Executing VoiceMailMain2("SIP/2205-3df0", "") in new stack
-- Playing 'vm-login'
-- Playing 'vm-password'
-- Incorrect password '1234' for user '0' (context = <any>)
-- Playing 'vm-incorrect'
-- Playing 'vm-password'
-- Incorrect password '2421' for user '2205' (context = <any>)
-- Playing 'vm-incorrect'

Here are my configs

In extensions.conf I am using Voicemail2 and VoiceMailMain2 that has support
for MySQL

exten => 8500,1,VoiceMailMain2

In voicemail.conf I have the MySQL connectivity settings in [general]

dbhost=localhost
dbname=asterisk
dbuser=someuser
dbpass=somepass

As well in voicemail.conf I have commented out the entire [default] section,
and mailboxes.

I do have MySQL working with CDR MySQL from asterisk-addons

thanks,

John Haigh