[Asterisk-Users] More beginner questions...

Phillip Jackson, Director of IT pjackson at jacksongrp.com
Sat Oct 25 22:17:38 MST 2003

Questions ...

OK - So, I've got Asterisk up, a Cisco 7960 talking to it, some mailboxes,
and extensions.  All exciting.

Two questions:

I'm in a natted environment and need to utilize a SIP provider to make calls
in the US.  Currently I have Vonage in my natted network and it works fine,
however I understand there is no real way to make asterisk talk to Vonage
because they have a closed system.  So, the question is, what SIP provider
do I go with?

Second, I have 1 phone line coming into the house and I would like it to be
routed through Asterisk.  Is my best choice for this, a modem?  Or, is there
other hardware I should consider?

Regards,
Phillip

--
Phillip Jackson - [pjackson at jacksongrp.com]
President, The Jackson Group - Intelligent IT. (TM)

Ph 410.320.2138
Fx 443.321.8713