[Asterisk-Users] X100P stopped working

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Sat Oct 25 17:49:38 MST 2003

>>I recompiled Asterisk with the aggressive echo cancellation on.  That's
>>all I changed, honest.  After recompiling, it refused to run.  I tried
>>updating the source, etc, and eventually went back to no echo
>>cancellation.  Every time, I got this error while starting Asterisk.
>>Please help!  I have no idea what went wrong.
>>
>>Oh, and yes, wcfxo and zaptel are loaded, I checked with lsmod.  I
>>rebooted a few times too, to make sure everything had been cleared out.
>>
>>===================================================================
>>
>>[chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
>>  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
>>WARNING[1074404064]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6986 (load_module): Ignoring
>>rxwink
>>WARNING[1074404064]: File chan_zap.c, Line 626 (zt_open): Unable to
>>specify channel 1: No such device or
>>address
>>ERROR[1074404064]: File chan_zap.c, Line 4949 (mkintf): Unable to open
>>channel 1: No such device or address
>>here = 0, tmp->channel = 0, channel = 1
>>ERROR[1074404064]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6730 (load_module): Unable to
>>register channel '1'
>>WARNING[1074404064]: File loader.c, Line 301 (ast_load_resource):
>>chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
>>WARNING[1074404064]: File loader.c, Line 396 (load_modules): Loading
>>module chan_zap.so failed!
>>Warning, flexibel rate not heavily tested!
>>Ouch ... error while writing audio data: : Broken pipe

Just a thought.......

You did do a make clean first before recompiling?

Couldn't tell from message if you just updated the source for
asterisk or everything?
The reason I ask because when I do updates I update everything
ie.
1st, make clean,update Zaptel, make, make install
2nd, make clean, update Libpri, make, make install
3rd, make clean, update Asterisk, make, make install

At least that's how I would do it, I believe asterisk relies
on some shared libs when compiling and I want to make sure
everything is matched up.