[Asterisk-Users] Call pickup (*8) on SIP devices.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Oct 25 13:05:29 MST 2003

> Just submitted a patch for this on asterisk-dev.
>
> Quick fix add the following line above line 5022 in chan_sip.c
>
> ast_setstate(c,AST_STATE_DOWN);

Just updated to current cvs a few minutes ago primarily to get the
call pickup to function properly. Using C7960's and Snom 200 on RH9.
All compiled and installed cleanly.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the call pickup functions; here's a couple
of samples from my sip.conf:
[3000]
type=friend
username=3000
secret=mypassword
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
callgroup=2
pickupgroup=2
mailbox=3000

[3001]
type=friend
username=3001
secret=mypassword2
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
callgroup=2
pickupgroup=2
callgroup=2
mailbox=3001

[3002]
type=friend
username=3002
secret=mypassword3
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
callgroup=2
pickupgroup=2
mailbox=3002

If station 3002 calls 3001, I'm expecting the user at 3000 to hear
the rining at 3001, and dial *8# to pick it up. When I try that, *8#
does not pick up the call and only receives a busy.

Are my expectations incorrect, my definitions, or what?

Rich