[Asterisk-Users] Context restrictions

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 24 12:10:15 MST 2003

> One more question: What are agents, and what are they good for? Help and
> Wiki don't reveal much... I am starting to think we'd really need to get
> an overview of the * features and have that documented (without all the
> details, just to get the big picture which makes a start a lot (!)
> easier).
I hear you. I've started a brief introduction on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+introduction

Do you think I'm totally off the road or on the way to what you're looking for?

A better and more detailed introduction can be found in the Asterisk handbook by
Digium.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+handbook (Pointer to the PDF)

I haven't looked into agents and queues myself and no one else have added
info on it to the wiki. The Wiki is a community effort, so you're more than
welcome to dig into the world of agents and queues and explain it. If you start,
other people will add info, edit and build upon your effort. In the end, we'll
have a good documentation.

/O