[Asterisk-Users] A software FAX modem

Johnson, Randy rjohnson at Spang.com
Fri Oct 24 09:27:51 MST 2003

I'm just not having any success receiving faxes--what are you guys doing
differently?  After trying various fax machines will calls coming in to
Asterisk over a T100P, I've tried a fax modem directly on an Asterisk USB
FXS port, and the modems still never properly negotiate and transmit the
fax.  I'm just wondering what your setup is--type of fax machine or modem,
T1 or analog incoming, TDM400P FXS port or a channel bank, CPU speed, etc.
I would really, really love to get past the "I got a fax!" step with this...

Thanks,
Randy Johnson