[Asterisk-Users] AGI questions..

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Fri Oct 24 08:36:54 MST 2003

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>You can use php, but php is just perl lite. if you do anything more than
>a trivial app, you will want to be in something more than php. Take for
>instance all the modules you have in CPAN that can deal with audio,
>databases and any number of odd things you need to have.

I agree that perl is very powerful but our inhouse skills are in PHP..
So if possible I would prefer to do it in PHP..

>Echo or print, just make sure you understand that you need to flush the
>input/output after each command.

can you explain what you mean by "flush the input/output"??

>All of them are passed via the stdin at the beginning, some will vary
>depending on what is available on your channel. Write your script and
>check it out.

Will do.. :)

>If you are running agi commands instead of asterisk commands, you will
>receive a result code back from AGI that will indicate a hangup. At this
>point AGI will no longer accept commands, but your app is still running
>and can do post processing. In the apps my company has running, we use
>this time to clean up our session and send off files to be processed.

Are there corresponding AGI commands for the Asterisk commands?? eg a
command to dial instead or using the Asterisk "Dial" command..

Thanks for any help.. I am coming under pressure to get this system up
and running.. :(

Later..