[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT to SIP provider

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 24 08:05:39 MST 2003

Jonathan Hogg wrote:

> OK. I've tried trawling the archives, but I'm not getting very far. I've got
> an Asterisk box behind a NAT which I want to register with a SIP provider.
If you've travelled around the archives, you should now that this is a FAQ.

At this moment, Asterisk behind a NAT can't connect to an outside SIP
provider. If you put asterisk outside your NAT, your inside clients
can connect to Asterisk and Asterisk will be able to connect to your providers.

There are bug reports, web pages and mail in the archive that document this.
Start at http://www.voip-info.org - click on Asterisk.

/O