[Asterisk-Users] New To Asterisk

Phillip Jackson, Director of IT pjackson at jacksongrp.com
Thu Oct 23 22:12:39 MST 2003

Hello,

I am new to Asterisk, as of today.  Installed on a RH9 box, with no
problems.  Built with 'make samples' as to get an understanding of how
things work.  Currently, I am utilizing SJPhone as a SIP client - not
interested in shelling out cash for the IP phones, until I know I have a
hold on things.  I have run into a few problems I was hoping you could help
me with :

1. When 'registering' with SJPhone, I recieve an error: "REGISTRATION
DENIED"

	My 'sip.conf' file reads:
	[general]
	port=5060
	bindaddr=0.0.0.0
	context=default

	[sjphone]
	username=name
	secret=password
	host=dynamic
	defaultip=192.168.1.120

	Options selected when using SJPhone:
	Sip Tab
		[X] USE LOCAL OUTBOUND PROXY
		Proxy IP: 192.168.1.1
		Caller ID: sip:192.168.1.120 (not sure what to put here)

		[X] REGISTER
		Account: name
		Password: password
		Transport: UDP (I've tried UDP and TCP)

2. So, assuming I simply do not register (don't know what effect that has on
things), I am able to call up extensions (500,etc) - included with 'make
samples'.  However, when selecting further options, the DTMF tones don't
seem to get to the asterisk server.  I press whatever option, and nothing
happens...

So, some good beginner questions to get things fired up ;-)

Cheers,
Phillip

--
Phillip Jackson - [pjackson at jacksongrp.com]
President, The Jackson Group - Intelligent IT. (TM)

Ph 410.320.2138
Fx 443.321.8713