[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Thu Oct 23 21:14:36 MST 2003

> about being cheaper than the next guy. I'd even say that there are those
> who would say it isn't cheaper with regards to total cost to set up, and
> get started. The bump in the cost is usually due to the cost of
> knowledge acquisition. It costs money or time to get this knowledge.

True. I think it was Byte Magazine that said "Linux is only free if your
time is invaluable"

> I wonder if you are the kind of guy who regularly went to parties and
> took the minimum amount of drink so you were not pitched out the door,
> and then proceeded to siphon off what everyone else brought.

Nope, I'm the kinda guy that brings $10k in lasers and lights for free,
and leaves giving the host $10.

> seminar put on by Nortel and laughing my ass off at the amount of money
> they wanted for features that asterisk provided for free. I did thank
> them for a nice lunch and a reason to be out of the office, and I was
> nice enough to not ridicule their systems in front of other potential
> customers. I'd say they are part of a flashy big business mentality that
> doesn't go well during tough times. Linux is the answer for those that
> have more time than money.

They have to charge all that money to pay for all the free lunches.

> Why not try those lines of BS on GM and see if they lower the cost of a
> car just so you can drive it.

No thanks, I don't want a GM car.

> Yeah, then we would get people like you without a job saying you
> shouldn't have to pay.

Yawn. Do *YOU* pay for every piece of open source software you use?