[Asterisk-Users] CVS update

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Thu Oct 23 21:03:26 MST 2003

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com wrote:

> In attempting to make my asterisk server the latest and the greatest
> tonight I attempted to upgrade my CVS.  In the asterisk directory I ran
> the make clean, executed the CVS update -d, and after all the files
> completed ran make upgrade.  My problem is that when I pull up the CLI the
> cvs version that is showing is the same date as my initial install.  Does
> this mean that the upgrade did not go correctly?  Or does the number just
> never change after the initial install? Everything seems to be working ok
> after I restarted the server.  I would just like to be sure I'm using the
> newest CVS that I tried to get.

In my /usr/src/asterisk dir, all I do is:

make upgrade
--> it connects to CVS and shows me all the new files it downloaded
make clean ; make install

That's it.  And when you do

CLI> show version

It should show you the latest date after the make upgrade.

I don't use the cvs command directly at all anymore unless the first
time I'm downloading from cvs on that box.

HTH

|Leif Madsen - http://www.hacklocalhost.com|
|    @| leif at hacklocalhost dot com      |
|  SMS| sms at hacklocalhost dot com       |
|  FWD| 18924          IAX| 1700-363-0761  |
|iptel| 8972-1969    sipph| 1-747-386-1618 |