[Asterisk-Users] Placing SIP calls to other SIP domains?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Oct 23 18:42:36 MST 2003

At 8:44 AM +0200 10/23/03, Kerker Staffan wrote:

>Hi!
>Does * do DNS-lookups when outgoing calls are placed to a different
>SIP domain? Can I call from <sip:1000 at mydomain.com> to
><sip:2000 at remote_domain.com>?
>Can * work as a regular SIP proxy in that aspect?
>Can * handle SIP URI:s that are complete SIP URI:s (sip:user at domain) instead
>of numbers only? Or should I run a SIP proxy on a different machine to handle
>pure SIP requests and let * register an account?
>

>rgds,
>/staffan kerker
>sweden

Staffan -
   Currently, this does not work exactly as you want.  Asterisk cuts
off the domain part of the request, and only evaluates the user
portion of the request.  However, asterisk can interpret alphanumeric
characters as user/extension names.

   If you'd like to try your hand at a bugfix, please look at:

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000362

JT