[Asterisk-Users] Festival on RH9?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Oct 23 19:27:31 MST 2003

Gus,

I think I might see the issue. In /etc/asterisk/festival_server.log, I see:
"Load server start ./festival_server.scm"
 festival port=1314
wrapper Thu Oct 23 20:08:37 CDT 2003 : USING DEFAULT CONFIGURATION
wrapper Thu Oct 23 20:08:37 CDT 2003 : waiting
server    Thu Oct 23 20:08:38 2003 : Festival server started on port 1314
client(1) Thu Oct 23 20:09:08 2003 : rejected from phoenix.routers.com not in ac
cess list
client(2) Thu Oct 23 20:32:47 2003 : rejected from phoenix.routers.com not in ac
cess list

which implies the firewall function on this * server is blocking port 1314,
which is probably causing festival to not complete the connection.

I don't have a clue how to fix that. I'd guess it is a ipchains or something
like that, but I've never had to deal with it before. Must have been installed
with RH9.  Any idea how to tell it to allow festival?

Rich