[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 16:57:23 MST 2003

> I think that was one reason for the EAGI extension. There is a agi
> script to pass audio to Sphinx for speech recognition.

CMU's Sphinx if you carfully design the application to limit
the number of words that could be spoken at any one time, works.
This means re-loading grammers in real time.  The other thing
that really helps is to run Sphinx in a mode that returns a
kind a "probibility tree" and not just the "most probable"
list of words.  That way you can scan down the tree and pick
the first grametrically correct string of words.

We humans use grammer rules and sematic context to dis-ambiguate
(is that a word?) speech al the time.  So if you force users to issue
commands using avery structured grammer. you can do well.

You can spend weeks and months reading and studying Spinx it is
a very large system but lots of documentation too.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550