[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Steven M. Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Thu Oct 23 14:48:44 MST 2003

> hell i just got a quote today for D240JCT-1T1 for $4500ish

Yup.  That's the one with the fancy DSP on-board that supports echo
cancellation ("continuous speech processing") and is generally used for
speech recognition apps.

By the way -- has anyone in the * community looked at adding ASR to the
astounding repertoire of services/applications integrated?  Having just
arrived from the evil windows world, I really don't know what's
available in terms of Linux voice processing software.

It seems Mark and the Zapata team have worked out a very good
software-based echo cancellation/VAD system.  That could be readily
integrated into a really cool ASR interface.  Unfortunately I lack the
raw brainpower to build an ASR engine.  Anybody else tried?

Cheers

Steven