[Asterisk-Users] IAX peers and NAT

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Oct 23 13:06:46 MST 2003

WipeOut wrote:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>

> Here is basically the way mine is setup.. names changed to protect the
> innocent.. :)
>
> Maybe you can spot what you are missing..
>
> PBX1- insidepbx (behind NAT)
> ---iax.conf--
> register => user:pass at pbx.outside.com   ; Server on static IP
> [outsidepbx]
> ;For inbound calls
> type = user
> context=something
> blah
> blah
>
> [outsidepbx]
> ;For outbound calls
> type=peer
> blah
> blah
> ------------
>
> ---extensions.conf---
> exten => _20x,1,Dial(IAX2/user:pass at pbx.outside.com/${exten}@somecontext)
> ; "somecontext" specified because multiple contexts are available on
> remote side
> ------------------------
>
> PBX2 - outsidepbx (open internet with static IP)
> ---iax.conf---
> [insidepbx]
> ;For inbound calls
> type = user
> context = something
> blah
> blah
>
> [insidepbx]
> ;For outbound calls
> type=peer
> blah
> blah
> --------------
>
> ---extension.conf-----
> exten => _30x,1,Dial(IAX2/user:pass at insidepbx/${exten})
> ; note: word [insidepbx] is used here......^^^^^^^

Thank you. Issue resolved so far.
I understand now that IAXTEL.COM is authorized with the pre-installed RSA keys to my inside server.
I missed that. Also missed Jeremy McNamara's lesson earlier on separating inbound and outbound calling.
Now fixed.

Still wonder what iaxtel.com had to do with the error messages... Must be that Asterisk uses a
default configuration/authorization if you don't specify user:pass to the Dial application.
Or some buffers not zeroed out.

Again - thank you for your patience and good night!

/O