[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 15:44:13 MST 2003

--- Andrew Joakimsen <andrew at envisionstudio.net> wrote:
> I have modems that are IDENTICAL to the X101P card, same modem/part
> numbers and FCC ID, yet they do not work.
>
> Anyone have any clues as how to "correct" this issue? When doing an
> lspci both cards show up as "TigerJet Networks 320 128K" or something
> along those lines....

Yes,

Quick answer: Does your PCI card "subsystem vendor ID" match
what wcfxo.c is looking for?  If no fix the driver.

Longer answer:

Have you read wcfxo.c?  If not go study it

Look where a list of acceptable cards is
passed as a parameter to the "init" function.  You need to
patch up this list.

Look at the sub-system vendor ID on your card, (hex dump of the
PCI cards config registers (see man lspci) then use this number
in the above described list.

Note the "TigerJet Networks 3...." is NOT programmed into
the card.  the lspci program is doing a lookup in a file in
/usr/share/.../someplaceIforgot

Also do remember that PCI card's config registrs are little endian
and you will have to mantally byteswap when you read the hex dump.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550