[Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk and NAT on the same box?

Chris Hariga contact at techselesta.com
Wed Oct 22 12:03:29 MST 2003

My * is running like NAT for my LAN.
Best regards,

Chris HARIGA

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Steven M.
Sokol
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:22 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk and NAT on the same box?

Has anyone tried installing * on a box with two eth interfaces which is
acting as a NAT box?  I have only one IP at this point and I would like
to get * working without all of the NAT issues.  My idea is to run * on
my gateway (which is also running the firewall and masquerade services).
All of my UAs (Grandstream + Xten X-LITE + gnophone) will be inside the
NAT screen, and will connect to the * using its PUBLIC (outside)
address.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Steve