[Asterisk-Users] modprobe ztdummy failed

C. Johnson javadude at cedrick.net
Wed Oct 22 11:41:13 MST 2003

Hello-

I've been trying to scour both * and linux user group
archives for a solution to this particular problem, but I am
just plan stuck. I got the latest zaptel sources from cvs,
uncommented ztdummy.o in Makefile, ran make; make install
then, did depmod -a. All is well up until now.

When i do modprobe ztdummy, i get this error:

dv at sidetrack:/usr/local/src/zaptel# depmod -a
dv at sidetrack:/usr/local/src/zaptel# modprobe ztdummy
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o.gz:
init_module: No such device
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o.gz: Hint:
insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output
from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o.gz: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o.gz failed
/lib/modules/2.4.20/kernel/drivers/usb/usb-uhci.o.gz: insmod
ztdummy failed
dv at sidetrack:/usr/local/src/zaptel#

any ideas?

thanks,